Studded Tires purchase
Tyre choice: you are 65% to want Interlocking sipes mandatory.
However, many of you have purchased Burzet this year, and not used them because of the weither, we still will authorize these tires next year.
Tires 2017 Regulations : Identical to 2016
Tires 2018 Regulations : Interlocking studded sipes only
We indicate below the studdable winter tires providers who are able to stud your tires at the request in accordance with our regulations.
Julien Laurent from Serre Chevalier Circuit are providers of Nokian Tires
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org ou 06 08 06 54 39
Dominique BARRIAL - ZAC Briffaut Est - 26000 VALENCE - Tel: 04 75 442 443 - email@example.com
Alain Pneu - Point S
53 COURS DE VERDUN
01106 OYONNAX Cedex
Tél : 04 74 73 51 88
Contact : Alain Zanella : 06 08 78 39 97 - firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER OF THE RULES CONCERNING STUDDED TIRES
1.3.13P : WHEELS and TYRES:
- Each vehicle engaged must be equipped with 2 studded tyres at minimum.
- Competitors must affix at the car back regulatory sticker indicating that they are equipped with studded tires (supplied by the organization)
- The number of studded wheels used is free
- NEW: diameter and width tires are free compared to the original model
- The number of studs per tire is permitted according to its width:
145 and below nails = 100/155 = 110 nails / nail 165 = 120/175 = 130 nails / 180 = 140 nails
185 and above = 150 nails
- Only tires that are road legal and bare the mention “DOT” or “E” on the side will be admitted.
Competition tires that have the “road illegal” mention on their sides are prohibited.
- Only studs with cylindrical heads are authorised
- Minimum distance between 2 studs: 3.5 mm
- Maximum authorized protuberance on new tyres: 1.8 mm
- The number of studs must be between 100 and 150 per tyre
- There must not be any studs in the central part of the tread
- Maximum length (prior to mounting on tyres): 20 mm
NOTE: We will be particularly vigilant with regard to the quality of the tyre equipment and the ground clearance.
The Rallye Neige & Glace was a pionner by offering the Tripy system based on taking your time GPS, which can multiply the number of arrivals of regularity sector, which will be 30 to 40 by stage, making the rally even sportier.
Today the greatest as the Monte Carlo have adopted the same system. A control box will be placed in each vehicle during checks.